OVER 65 OR UNDER 65 YEARS, AT RISK - FLU?
(Please see below for definition of "AT RISK")
If you still haven't managed to book an appointment for your flu jab, we are having a "walk-in" (NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY) clinic on Saturday 23rd November from 9 am - 12.30 pm, so please come along and get your vaccination.
The NHS App lets you book GP appointments, order repeat prescriptions and access a range of other healthcare services.
Certain groups are at particular risk from flu and vaccination is the best protection we have against an unpredictable virus. That’s why the flu vaccine is free – because eligible groups really need it. If you (or someone you care for) fall into one of the following groups, contact your GP practice for a free flu vaccine:
- adults age 65 and over
- children age 2-3 and in reception classes through to year 5
- pregnant women
- anyone with an underlying condition such as COPD, bronchitis, asthma, emphysema, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, spleen problems (like sickle cell), liver disease or a chronic neurological disease like multiple sclerosis or cerebral palsy
- anyone with a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medication such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- anyone who receives a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- frontline health and social care workers
- anyone who has a learning disability and are on their GP learning disability register.
If you don't fall into one of these groups but would still like a flu vaccine, then call into your local pharmacy.
DATA COLLECTION - Please read
New Services @ Meanwood:
Hearing and Balance Service:
This new service compliments our Ear, Nose & Throat service.
The Hearing and Balance Service provides hearing aids to patients from across the city who are referred to us by their GP. We provide hearing tests and hearing aids at the same appointment in most cases and a full package of after-care.
Welcome to Meanwood Group Practice
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Please complete our Friends and Family Questionnaire
Please take our short questionnaire and tell us whether you would recommend us to your friends and family. You are free to take the questionnaire after each contact with your GP Surgery.
Friends and Family Questionnaire
Named Accountable GP
All of our patients now have a "named accountable GP". Please ask the Receptionist for the name of yours.
The accountable GP takes lead responsibility for co-ordinating and delivering services to meet the needs of their patients.
This does not affect your right to see any doctor of your choosing at the practice.
Up-to-Date Phone Numbers
Please let us have your most up to date phone numbers and email addresses to make contacting you easier.
There is a link at the bottom of the home page which will open a form, once completed this will be sent electronically to us and we will be able to update your records. Thanks.